It is my pleasure to serve as the ASHA Committee of Ambassadors member for Speech-Language Pathology for Missouri for 2021-2022. My job includes:
Peer to Peer Engagement including building professional networks to initiate conversations about the needs of and advocacy for ASHA SLP members.
Lobbying and Political Activity at the Federal level including grassroots engagement, participation at ASHA Capitol Hill Day, and building relationships with House and Senate lawmakers.
External communications outreach including serving as an information source for media outlets and public speaking
- Being a resource for you about the Association’s mission, services, policies and programs.
- Identifying, discussing and ranking issues of concern to you including reviewing and analyzing information related to issues of concern obtained from you.
- Supporting ASHA advocacy efforts to advance the profession, including representing you by participating in the Annual Advisory Council meeting and in Capitol Hill Day each spring.
In order to identify and discuss issues important to Missouri speech-language pathologists, I have set up several ways to be available to you. These include:
- Reach out to me through my dedicated email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me and network with colleagues at my Facebook page: “Jennifer Lane Lehr, ASHA SLP Advisory Council (Missouri)”
- Join me in the discussion at my 2021 Sunday Google Meet Town Hall meetings:
- Sunday, May 16, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, July 18, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, September 19, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sunday, November 14, 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm