The Missouri Speech-Language-Hearing Association (MSHA) announces that our Ambassador of the Year campaign is now accepting nominations for a child (ages 3-20) and/or an adult (21 and over). “Better Hearing and Speech Month,” promoted in May joined by our Ambassador brings the awareness to speech, language and hearing disorders and their treatment to life. Please help us by nominating your favorite accomplished patient or client. As our Ambassador(s), the chosen person(s) will represent the thousands of people in Missouri who present communication problems.
The Ambassador(s) will be presented the Ambassador of the Year Award(s) at the MSHA Annual Convention.
The Contest Rules Are As Follows:
- Nominations must be sponsored by MSHA members.
- Child nominees must be at least three years of age by May 1.
- Adult nominees must be at least 21 years of age by May 1.
- Nominees must present a significant hearing, speech and/or language problem as documented by an audiologist and/or speech-language pathologist.
- Nominees must be able to attend and accept recognition at the MSHA Convention. The person(s) selected as Ambassador(s) may be asked to make other public appearances.
- Chosen nominees, with the assistance of family/care providers as needed, must write a maximum 500-word statement of explanation on how their audiologist and/or speech-language pathologist participated in their communication ability.
- Submissions accepted December 1 thru December 30. No exceptions or extensions will be permitted.
- The following supportive data must accompany the entry form below:
- Professional estimate of the person’s hearing, speech and/or language problem
- Current audiogram (if appropriate)
- Good quality colored photograph.
Questions: Contact the MSHA Central Office, 1-888-SAY-MSHA (1-800-729-6742).
ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF MSHA AND THE DECISIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD ARE FINAL.
Be Sure to Nominate Your Favorite Person Today!