Please plan to join us for a one-hour webinar, Legislative Updates and Overview, on Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Webinar: Legislative Updates and Overview
Tuesday, February, 9, 2021
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm CST
Participants will gain understanding of the importance of grassroots advocacy and why it is important to advocate for the professions and the individuals that we serve. They will learn ways to advocate and what to expect when visiting legislators at the State Capitol and strategies for communicating with policy makers.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify two benefits of grassroots advocacy
- Identify three strategies for grassroots involvement
- Identify one current issue impacting our state
- 10 Minutes – Introductions and meeting agenda review
- 10 Minutes – Review and discussion of MSHA legislative issues/initiatives
- 30 Minutes – Legislative process; Strategies for successful legislative visits
- 10 Minutes – Questions/Wrap up
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Related area)
Financial Disclosure: Greta Hull has no financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Greta Hull is a MSHA Board Member and receives no compensation for this role.
Financial Disclosure: Brent Hemphill is a contract lobbyist paid by MSHA.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Brent Hemphill has no non-financial relationships to disclose.