Call for Applications: MSHA Mentoring Young Professionals (MMYP) 2019-2020
The MSHA Mentoring Young Professionals (MMYP) Program is intended to nurture our graduate students and entry-level professionals by cultivating the culture of mentoring. The purpose of MMYP is to provide mentoring services to graduate students as well as clinical fellows via web-based meetings, webinars and face-to-face roundtable meetings at the MSHA Convention. The MMYP focuses on the following objectives:
- Provide clinical support to mentees, as needed.
- Provide research mentoring to graduate students by encouraging professional collaborations.
- Encourage beginning professionals to continue with life-long learning by participating in research and pairing with graduate students in accomplishing research projects that address and inform clinical practice.
- Enhance mentees’ understanding of the national, legislative, clinical and research initiatives in advancing our profession.
- Encourage mentees to connect with professional experts via web communications and face-to-face meetings at the MSHA Convention.
- Encourage graduate students to assume state/national leadership positions.