MSHA Mentoring Young Professionals (MMYP)
The MMYP Program is intended to nurture our graduate students and entry-level professionals by cultivating the culture of mentoring. The purpose of MMYP is to provide mentoring services to graduate students as well as clinical fellows via web-based meetings, webinars and face-to-face roundtable meetings at the MSHA Convention. Mentors and mentees should be current MSHA members.
The MMYP focuses on the following objectives:
- Mentors and mentees should be current MSHA members.
- Please note that applications are due October 15.
- Provide clinical support to mentees, as needed.
- Provide research mentoring to graduate students by encouraging professional collaborations.
- Encourage beginning professionals to continue with life-long learning by participating in research and pairing with graduate students in accomplishing research projects that address and inform clinical practice.
- Enhance mentees’ understanding of the national, legislative, clinical and research initiatives in advancing our profession.
- Encourage mentees to connect with professional experts via web communications and face-to-face meetings at the MSHA Convention.
- Encourage graduate students to assume state/national leadership positions.
If you are interested in participating as a Mentor or Mentee, complete the application below.
Applications are due October 15.